Congress Review Sheet
Pork Barrel Spending
Wesbury v. Sanders
- Understand how a bill becomes a law.
- Understand the election requirements for a Congressman.
- Understand how rules are different between the House and the Senate.
- Understand which Committees are important in each house.
- Understand the advantages of incumbent Congressmen.
- Understand all the leadership roles and their different powers.
- Understand the processes and functions of a committee.
- Understand the differences between the four types of committees.
- Understand all the advantages the majority party holds.
- Understand and explain why iron triangles are considered subgovernments.
- What are the major components of the federal budgets revenues and expenditures?
- Understand and explain the budget approval process.